Monday, June 2, 2008

Thing 9 - Online Collaboration Tools

I haven't yet been invited to alter the 23 things on a stick postings...

However, a colleague of mine who is also doing the 23 things sent me an invite to her Zoho article. I clicked on the 23 things on a stick Google doc and was invited to join Google docs and was given access to Sarah's Google doc that she shared with me without my knowing. Get it? Terrible run on sentence... Zoho sent me an e-mail about the document - Google said nada.

I think that both are easy to use. Google has an as you go spell checker - which I find helpful because my spelling is terrible and my typing isn't as accurate as I would like. Zoho can do an after the fact spell check and it makes the text red and underlines it (that way if your text is in red, you can still see that it found a spelling error). It accepts gonna as a word. Weird. So does this. When did gonna become an acceptable word?

I think that the founding fathers would have had an easier time working on the document if they could all see it at the same time and make alterations. Although, there could have been one wily one that would have just messed around because he could.

Anyhow, now I have add my embellishments to the document. My opinion hasn't changed. (My typing has gotten no better...)

No comments: