Friday, June 20, 2008

Thing 12 - Do you Digg?

Victory!! I have a Digg account. Alas, I created the account 2 weeks ago and can no longer remember my login/password. I do recall that receiving the original verification e-mail took 20 minutes...

I find this to be a time suck. Really, there a lot of interesting products available on the Internet to help us find information and share information, but I think it is too much to expect one person to use all of them. It is good to know that these things are out there, but I don't want to use them for work or for play.

My brother was telling me about StumbleUpon a few years ago (was it that long, already?). I just played on the site for a few minutes. It seems like play, and not so informative. I should be walking the dog, rather than Stumbling around on the net. (Or reading a book. Or cleaning the house... Mowing the lawn?)

I did see some cool things with StumbleUpon. But I don't find it necessary for my life or my work.

Still waiting for the password/login help e-mail...

No comments: