Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thing 14 - LibraryThing

I don't know if I would use this for the teen blog. I think I wouldn't because I am already putting covers and thoughts about the book in the postings. We use Bookletters with our website and that links directly to our catalog, so I don't see where we would use this. It is interesting, however.

I put in 20 books and someone had 15 of those books in her library. Her library consists of 100 books, so she had the jump on me. I added 6 more books, and now when I look at the "member with your books list" I have more people to choose from, but when I click on some of them, they have none of the books on their bookshelf that I do. How weird is that? Very.

You know, I might want to add this to the teen blog, if only for its recommendations. But, I would rather the teens comment on our blog then get sucked into LibraryThing and leave us in the lurch. Hmmm. But the rotating sample of the bookshelf could be interesting. But, then again, how much time should I be spending on this? On the one hand... on the other hand... but then again...

No comments: